Whether you choose to do business with a financial planner or create your own financial plan Financial Here are three things you’ll need to get started:
- a copy of all documents pertaining to your financial situation, including budget budget your household, your savings, your debts, your assets (like your house), your taxes and your insurance;
- a calculator;
- a spreadsheet to enter the numbers for your current situation.
Determine your situation
- Your assets – They include your important assets, such as a house, car or boat, your savings and investments. You will find this information in your bank statements and investment statements, retirement savings documents and other pension documents, as well as in your will and .
- Your debts – These include student loans, mortgages, a loan for the purchase of a car or boat, credit cards and other bills. You’ll find the information in your mortgage files, loan documents and credit card statements.
- Your income – They include your pay and other sources of income. View your tax returns and pay slips.
- Your expenses – They include basic expenses such as food, clothing, utilities and car costs, as well as additional expenses such as restaurant meals, insurance, medical expenses or dental expenses. same as the donations you make and the pocket money you give to your children. Check your bills, receipts and credit card statements.